Sunday, November 8, 2009

Whither thou goest...

"Where you go, I will go; Where you lodge, I will lodge." Ruth 1:16

This verse is often used in weddings - we didn't use it in ours, though it's fitting. We may not always be "home" together, but we've learned that "home" is not an address. "Where you go, I will go" . . . sometimes that means meeting up for a day here or a day there.

"Where you lodge, I will lodge" . . . base billeting, a hotel, a friend's house, and yes, ever occasionally in our own home!

For a family of four, we sure know how to rack up the frequent flier miles! 2 weeks ago, I flew Carsten to DC, then I flew to CA to see Nick, then I took off on a cruise with my friend for a week, back to Nick in CA for three days, off to Dallas, Dylan arrived in Dallas on Friday night, Nick arrived Saturday morning, and this morning, all three of us flew off in different directions to start the week. We may not always get to be together, but we are family and we are always together in our hearts.

The last 2 months have been exciting, excruciating, heartbreaking, and hope filled. We're starting this blog for our friends and family members who want to follow our journey. I can't promise anything about the destination or the route, or even where we'll lodge - only that it will be full of surprises and in the end, no matter what, God will be glorified!

No comments:

Post a Comment